Guidelines for the work inclusion of migrants, refugees and asylum seekers
What & When
1) Intercultural awareness and adaptation: Wednesday 12th September 2018, 9am to 5pm
2) Intercultural communication and mediation skills: Wednesday 19th September 2018, 9am to 6pm
3) Intercultural dimensions & Counselling: Legal information: Wednesday 26th September 2018, 9am to 3pm
3 Hill Street, New Town, Edinburgh EH2 3JP
Refreshments and light lunch provided
The training, provided by Creative Learning Programmes (CLP) and in association with Edinburgh & Lothians Regional Equality Council (ELREC), is developed from the extensive research undertaken by CLP and transnational partners as part of the European research and innovation project Re.Inclusion -Guidelines for the work inclusion of refugees and asylum seekers- funded by the Erasmus+ programme.
The training will cover the process of cultural adaptation and its implications, including:
The concepts of pluralism, multiculturalism and interculturalism; ambiguity, cultural standards and acculturation; understanding cultural dimensions; culture shock and Ulysses syndrome: concept, symptoms and prevention measures; social inclusion; verbal and non-verbal communication including empathy, active listening and assertiveness, and techniques of teaching, counselling, mediation and monitoring.
The training is aimed at operators working at all levels with migrants, and particularly those working with refugees and asylum-seekers.
Postgraduate students of relative disciplines are welcome to participate.
At the end of the training session, attendees will be asked to fill in a short questionnaire and evaluate the course.
Outcomes of the training:
1) Attendees will develop intercultural awareness and understand culture adaptation
2) Attendees will learn best practices in communication, evaluation and mediation skills specific to working with migrants
3) Attendees will aquire knowledge of task-specific teaching approaches and techniques for the work and social inclusion of migrants
Please confirm your attendance via Eventbrite at:
Certificates of attendance will be awarded.
For more information please contact us at: email@example.com