Edinburgh Voluntary Organisations’ Council (EVOC ) has been supporting the people and communities of Edinburgh since 1868.
We do this by supporting, developing and promoting the interests and work of voluntary and community organisations across the City. We focus on:
- Providing services that enable voluntary sector organisations to thrive.
- Working to influence the statutory sector in the creation of conditions that will allow the voluntary sector to flourish.
You can download and read a copy of our Strategic Plan for 2020-2023 here.
Edinburgh’s Third Sector Interface (TSI)
EVOC is also one of three partners that make up Edinburgh’s TSI, alongside Volunteer Edinburgh and Edinburgh Social Edinburgh. We are also part of the wider TSI Scotland Network – a network of all Third Sector Interfaces in Scotland.
You can find out more about the TSI Network here.
Our Mission: To be a leader and catalyst of social change
Our Vision: To be a trusted and respected leader for the community and voluntary sector that supports organisations to develop and thrive.
- Creative: We are creative in our approaches, ideas and in creating space for better outcomes
- Collaborative: We listen, share and challenge
- Enabling: We develop opportunities and deliver change
- Excellence: We lead with passion and professionalism
- Fair: We act with impartiality, balance and integrity
- Inclusion: We are inclusive and collective in all our work
- Supportive: We respond to the voluntary sector’s changing needs to enable them to continue to meet the needs of communities
Our Strategic Objectives
We will articulate EVOC’s leadership role in the sector, managing the intricacies of our interface role, and make those interventions visible across all sectors. At the same time, we will develop our leadership role both nationally and politically. We will also develop the leadership roles of our staff team.
EVOC will be a vehicle for changing social outcomes, driving and implementing solutions based on our own and others research findings. It is our intention to embed a broad-based ‘Development Agency’ approach, building capacity and skills across the sector, therefore raising the reputation and the profiles of many of Edinburgh’s voluntary organisations.
EVOC has a key influencing role in working with the voluntary and community sector and in bridging and brokering the relationships with our public sector partners. EVOC’s unique role of informing, engaging and communicating these different interests and priorities is challenging and one which we aim to strengthen.
We would like to acknowledge the funding and support received from the organisations listed below that makes our work possible.
City of Edinburgh Council: Communities and Families Department
City of Edinburgh Council: Chief Executive