EVOC helps to support, develop and promote the interests and work of voluntary and community organisations in Edinburgh.
It does this by:
- Providing services that enable voluntary sector organisations to thrive
- Working to influence the statutory sector in the creation of conditions that will allow the voluntary sector to flourish.
EVOC is the Council for Voluntary Service (CVS) for the City of Edinburgh and a partner in the Edinburgh Third Sector Interface (TSI), which is part of a national network of Third Sector Interfaces.
You can download and read a copy of our Strategic Plan for 2020-2023 here.
Mission and Vision
To be a leader and catalyst of social change.
EVOC is an organisation which is highly respected, regarded and trusted as an effective strategic partner. EVOC is the first point of contact for the third sector in Edinburgh and for other bodies concerning issues which affect the Sector.
We are a trusted leader in supporting, building the capacity of and a model of good practice for the Sector.
- Enabling: We work to develop opportunities and deliver change
- Fairness: We act with impartiality, balance and integrity
- Collaborating: We listen, share and challenge
- Excellence: We strive to lead with passion and professionalism
- Creating: We are creative in our approach, ideas and in creating the space for better outcomes
- Supporting: We respond to the voluntary sector’s changing needs to enable them to continue to meet the needs of communities
EVOC has a deep understanding of the practice, priorities and pressures in communities, the voluntary sector and the public sector and we are skilled at building the bridge to support productive and respectful planning and delivery. We support the voluntary sector to be heard and develop to meet modern challenges and the public sector to understand and be understood.
As a partner in Edinburgh’s Third Sector Interface (TSI) we accept this is challenging however we believe it also presents opportunities. Our ability to bring the skills of diplomacy, negotiation and speaking truth to people who are comfortable in the status quo means we create spaces which are thought-provoking, inspiring and productive.
Our Strategic Objectives
We will articulate EVOC’s leadership role in the sector, manage the intricacies of our interface role, and make those interventions visible across all sectors. Our principles are to be inclusive and collective in all our work. At the same time, we will develop our leadership role both nationally and politically. We will also develop the leadership roles of our staff team.
EVOC will be a vehicle for changing social outcomes, driving and implementing solutions based on our own and others research findings. It is our intention to embed a broad-based ‘Development Agency’ approach, building capacity and skills across the sector, therefore raising the reputation and the profiles of many of Edinburgh’s voluntary organisations.
EVOC has a key influencing role in working with the voluntary and community sector and in bridging and brokering the relationships with our public sector partners. EVOC’s unique role of informing, engaging and communicating these different interests and priorities is challenging and one which we aim to strengthen.
EVOC acknowledges and thanks the following sources for the funding that makes our work possible.
- Communities and Families Department
- Chief Executive