Page last updated: 30th January 2019
EVOC as an organisation has a responsibility to protect and respect your privacy and to look after data provided to us.
This privacy notice explains what data we collect, how we use that data, where we store the information, how long we store that data for and how we store your details securely.
EVOC may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. The last updated date will be displayed at the bottom of this page.
- What data is being collected?
- Who is collecting it?
- How is the data collected?
- How will it be used?
- Who will it be shared with?
- Where we store your information?
- How long we store the data?
- How we store your information securely?
- External web links
- Requesting Personal Data Records
- Your right to make a complaint
- Contact details
What data is being collected?
If you give us consent, we may collect and store the following information whilst you use our website:
- Through cookies and other tracking technology, information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, computer and browser type, how you found our website, the pages you viewed and the length of time you viewed them
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including:
- information related to membership applications
- training course bookings
- training course grant applications
- organisational development referrals
- newsletter subscriptions
- consultations and surveys
- event bookings
- and contact forms
- Any other information that you choose to send to us
EVOC uses Social Sharing icons in various sections of our website to allow users to easily share our content. The buttons are statically generated and do not contact any code that tracks your personal information. They link to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn which may track your data based on their own privacy policies. You should visit each of the mentioned websites and read their Privacy Policies to find out how they process your data.
Who is collecting it?
Only EVOC staff, authorised contractors and approved volunteers will collect information on EVOC’s behalf.
How is the data collected?
Information may be collected in any or all of the following ways:
- By email
- By phone
- Via a website form including booking, registration, newsletter subscription and surveys
- Downloaded and printed forms
- Face-to-face with an EVOC employee, approved volunteer or authorised contractor
- Via cookies and tracking code used on the website
How will it be used?
We use information submitted in the following ways depending on what reason you provided information to us:
- To provide you with services and information
- To process registrations and invoices for training courses
- To provide organisational development and support services
- To respond to your requests from contact forms
- To publish noticeboards on the website
- To process your membership request and send you relevant information
- To enable us to review, develop and improve our website and services we offer
Who will it be shared with?
EVOC will only share your data with relevant parties where required such as EVOC staff members, authorised contractors, approved volunteers where necessary to provide you with a service or information.
The following is a current list of third parties that information is shared with and the purpose of that sharing:
Please note, EVOC will NOT sell your information to other third parties.
Where we store your information
How long we store the data
EVOC will only store the information you provide as appropriate. This is dictated by legal and financial obligations as well as business requirements.
The following are guidelines for how long information is stored:
- Training Course registrations – kept for 24 months
- Training Course Grant Applications – kept for 7 years due to financial retention rules
- Organisational Development Referrals (and related information and paperwork) – kept for 36 months
- Newsletter subscription information – kept as long as you continue to be a subscriber to EVOC newsletters
- Membership – kept for 7 years for financial retention rules
- Noticeboard – kept for 12 months or removed when the notice expiry date passes
- Contact Forms – stored for 36 months
- Website tracking information – stored for 38 months
How we store your details securely
EVOC undertakes a number of measures to ensure data and information is held securely:
- Information is stored on a secure server accessed only with company username and passwords
- All EVOC laptops and computers have full disk encryption
- Information sent to us via our website and online forms uses SSL certificates to encrypt the information
- Only the appropriate members of staff have access to information relevant to their work
- All EVOC Staff and contractors comply with confidentiality policies and good working practices to ensure data is kept safe at all times
We take what we believe to be reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data collected from loss, misuse, unauthorised use, access, inadvertent disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, no network, server, database or Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data.
External web links
Our website may contain links to other websites and resources that you may find of interest. Once you leave our website, you should note that we do not have any control over the external website. We are not liable for your protection and privacy on these external websites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy policies applicable to the website in question.
Requesting personal data records
- EVOC will allow a right of access to both personal data and supplementary information free of charge. Any requests for information will be provided within one month of receiving the request
- Where requests are complex and numerous the provision of data will be provided within a two-month period
- Where requests are excessive and repetitive an administration fee of £50 will be charged to cover the administrative costs involved
- Responses will be provided in an electronic format
Your right to make a complaint
You have the right to make a complaint about how we process your personal data to the information commissioner:
Information Commissioner’s Office
ICO Registration Reference: Z5984382
EVOC can be contacted at the following:
525 Ferry Road
Telephone: 0131 555 9100