We’re excited to be launching the Edinburgh Community Lottery in 2021 – an exciting new fundraising opportunity for community and voluntary organisations across the City.
If you work for a charity or a good cause delivering services that benefit the people of Edinburgh, then you can sign up to this fun and easy fundraising opportunity (see below for an overview of the sign-up criteria).
Who can register to be part of the Edinburgh Community Lottery?
- Your charity or good cause must:
- Be an EVOC member*
- Provide community activities / services within the Edinburgh area, which benefit the residents of the City
- Have a formal constitution or set of rules
- Have a bank account requiring at least two unrelated signatories
- Operate with no undue restrictions on membership
- Be one of the following:
– A constituted group with a volunteer management committee with a minimum of three unrelated members that meets on a regular basis
– A registered charity, with a board of trustees
– A registered Community Interest Company, and provide copies of your Community Interest Statement, details of the
– Asset Lock included in your Articles of Association, and a copy of your latest annual community interest report
*There is a minimal charge for EVOC Membership for organisations with an income of over £25,000.
What is a Community Lottery?
A community lottery is a free fundraising opportunity for charities across the City and an easy way for your organisations’ friends and supporters to help out, with the chance of winning some great prizes.
What you get:
- A dedicated page for your organisation on the Edinburgh Community Lottery website
- FREE marketing help and resources to encourage your supporters to sign up
- 50% of tickets sales to your cause, 10% to a fund supporting good causes in the city
What your supporters get:
- The chance with win a selection of great prizes including a top prize of £25,000
(each ticket has a 1 in 50 chance of winning)