Edinburgh and Lothian Trust Fund SCIO: Trust Administrator (F/T – 35 / week)
Salary scale: SJC point 28 – 32; £27,916 – 31,707
Closing Date: Mon 1 Feb, 12noon
Interviews: w/c 15 Feb
Edinburgh and Lothian Trust Fund SCIO is a long-established grant making charity whose purpose is the prevention and relief of poverty in Edinburgh and the Lothians. They operate a number of funding streams providing support to individuals and families as well as a fund for small local charities who share our aims.
They are recruiting for a Trust Administrator due to the retirement of their longstanding Administrator. They are looking for a candidate with strong understanding of and commitment to reducing poverty and inequality who is able to work on their own initiative. The role is extremely varied ranging from assessing and deciding on funding applications to advising the Charity Trustees on policy and strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
• Managing the grant application processes
• Supporting Trustees meetings including drafting minutes and agendas and writing papers
• Managing grant expenditure against budget
• Developing new areas of income to enable the Trust to meet growing demand for grants
• Building partnerships with referring agencies and other trusts
Previous experience of grant making is desirable but not essential.
Home working arrangements will be by agreement, subject to operation requirements and reviewed regularly.
Edinburgh Voluntary Organisations’ Council is a company limited by guarantee SC173582 and is a registered Scottish charity SC009944