PEOPLE tend naturally to want progress. Humans have an in-built motivation to do better. Most of us also want progress for ourselves and for our neighbours. Some might call that community development, others social justice.
The Edinburgh Partnership has articulated its Vision for Edinburgh in terms of an overarching vision and Four High-Level Outcomes.
Now we’d like to know – is this Your vision for Edinburgh?
Edinburgh is a thriving, successful, sustainable capital city in which all forms of deprivation and inequality are reduced
- Edinburgh’s children and young people enjoy their childhood and fulfil their potential
- Edinburgh’s economy delivers increased investment, jobs and opportunities for all
- Edinburgh’s citizens experience improved health and wellbeing with reduced inequalities in health
- Edinburgh’s communities are safer and have improved physical and social fabric
High ideals, or empty words?
- Are these outcomes just jargon or do they describe an aspiration worth fighting for?
- Do these statements capture what you and your communities want?
- Is the work you do integral to achieving these outcomes?