Now that EVOC has this super duper new website, I wanted to let you know how you can keep in touch with us and follow us as there are a number of new ways that we are communicating with everyone. So get a cup of tea and relax and have a read and please get in touch if you have any questions.
RSS Feeds – or more simply know as “Really Simple Syndication”
RSS feeds are a great way of getting instant updates on when we publish content to our website, as they are instantly updated and you don’t have to wait on newsletters being sent out.
Our clever website software creates feeds for all different categories and content so you can easily select which categories you want and don’t want.
To view them you can either add the feed address to Outlook 2007, or get what’s called a desktop reader, something like FeedDemon (https://www.feeddemon.com/) is very easy to use, or if you want an internet based one how about Google Reader (https://www.google.com/reader)
At the bottom of the post I’ve listed all the feed addresses so you can pick what you want.
Using our super duper new website we can easily create different types of newsletters where you can select what kind of content updates you require. Using a piece of online software called Mailchimp (which is very cool and lets you send 6 emails to 2000 people for free every month).
On every page of our website there is a box on the right hand side where you can enter your email address, and when you click submit you can then select which newsletters you want to receive and what types of information from noticeboard you want to receive, very clever!
Our newsletters include:
- Monday updates from EVOC
- The Tuesday Noticeboard
- EVOC Learning Wednesday’s
- And Children and Young People & Families Thursdays
A bit of a given since you are already reading this but EVOC has a blog which all our staff can write in so you can follow what’s going on with us and our work streams, and of course, you can use the blog RSS feed to get instant updates, or sign up for Monday updates from EVOC newsletter to be kept in the loop.
EVOC as boldly launched into Twitter with almost all staff having twitter accounts now and the staff tweeting away. We have one main evoc account https://twitter.com/evoc_edinburgh and then members of staff accounts follow the pattern of evoc_staff-first-name so mine for example (should you want to follow my tweets) is evoc_tom. And you can use twitter online, on your smartphone, or you can download TweetDeck (https://www.tweetdeck.com) and follow and tweet from your desktop.
We have also established and EVOC Facebook page which we use to publish all our content to as well, as well as updates and anything else we want to spread into the world. You can like us and follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/EVOCEdinburgh
We also have a delicious account but haven’t quite started using that yet so we’ll update you when that becomes available.
So we look forward to connecting with you, tweeting with you and please take advantage of everything above to get what you need from us. And if you have suggestions for other ways we can communicate our information, then we are always happy to hear from you.
- All Blog items https://www.evoc.org.uk/feed/atom?post_type=notice
- Category: Director’s blog https://www.evoc.org.uk/blog-category/directors-blog/feed
- Category: Network https://www.evoc.org.uk/blog-category/network/feed
Noticeboard category feeds
- All Noticeboard items https://www.evoc.org.uk/feed/atom?post_type=notice
- Category: Announcements https://www.evoc.org.uk/noticeboard-category/announcements/feed
- Category: Archive https://www.evoc.org.uk/noticeboard-category/archive/feed
- Category: Children and young people https://www.evoc.org.uk/noticeboard-category/children-and-young-people/feed
- Category: Consultations https://www.evoc.org.uk/noticeboard-category/consultations/feed
- Category: Events https://www.evoc.org.uk/noticeboard-category/events/feed
- Category: Funding https://www.evoc.org.uk/noticeboard-category/funding/feed
- Category: Opportunities https://www.evoc.org.uk/noticeboard-category/opportunities/feed
- Category: Resources/Publications https://www.evoc.org.uk/noticeboard-category/resources-and-publications/feed
- Category: Training https://www.evoc.org.uk/noticeboard-category/training/feed
Training Course Category feeds
- All Training Courses: https://www.evoc.org.uk/feed/atom?post_type=training_course
- Category: Governance https://www.evoc.org.uk/course_categories/governance/feed/atom
- Category: Managing People https://www.evoc.org.uk/course_categories/managing-people/feed/atom
- Category: Meeting Skills https://www.evoc.org.uk/course_categories/meeting-skills/feed/atom
- Category: The Law https://www.evoc.org.uk/course_categories/the-law/feed/atom
- Category: Upskilling https://www.evoc.org.uk/course_categories/upskilling/feed/atom
- Category: Your Development https://www.evoc.org.uk/course_categories/your-development/feed/atom