The Scottish Government has made funding available to local authorities for the targeted provision of a Summer 2022 Holiday Programme offering coordinated access to activities, childcare and food for children aged 5-14 from low-income families.
In line with the Scottish Government Guidance, Edinburgh’s allocation of funding will build on existing provision, planned, and delivered by Council Services and Partner Organisations. This will include activities such as Physical Activity & Sport, Outdoor Learning, Arts, Creative, Culture & Heritage, Youth & Children’s Work and work for early years as well as for children with disabilities and additional support needs.
The allocation of funding to Edinburgh is reduced by just over 40% from last year, and a high number of submissions are expected. It is therefore unlikely that all all proposals will be funded. City of Edinburgh is therefore inviting proposals which clearly demonstrate the impact for those in the targeted groups. The Scottish Government has also made a number of changes to the criteria for the fund this year, so please take time to view the Guidance.
Organisations and council services may submit a proposal for the funding of one programme, for a minimum of £500, up to a maximum cost of £20,000.
The distribution of funding to organisations and council services will be decided by an Oversight Group made up of council officers, EVOC and LAYC. Their decision will be final. Decisions will be based on the information provided in this application & checklist, target groups, partnership working and amount of funding available, relative to planned spend. If a member of the Oversight Group has any questions about your proposal, they may contact you directly to discuss prior to the final allocations of funding being agreed.
Please also note the following:
- The needs of targeted groups, their views and priorities, should be considered when planning and delivering your summer holiday provision.
- While you may charge for summer programmes, your proposal can request funding to make places available at no cost for children in the target groups, including the provision of food/a healthy snack
- The provision of food is essential, and what is provided must comply with the Healthy Eating in Schools Guidance
- City of Edinburgh’s Discover Programme will continue to operate as scheduled throughout the Summer Holidays. This programme is separately funded, and will not receive monies from this Scottish Government Funding.
PLEASE NOTE: Partner Organisations are only eligible if one or more of the following apply:
- They are in receipt of public funds and/or
- Council Grants and/or
- Are affiliated to a national governing body