If you are not currently volunteering and want to help out click here
Third Sector Resilience Fund Launched
Applications are now open for the Third Sector Resilience Fund (TRSF).
Part of a £350m support package by the Scottish Government for the sector in response to the Coronavirus pandemic, the Third Sector Resilience Fund will support organisations across the third sector who are at risk of closure due to a sharp decrease in income or that are unable to deliver their services directly as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic. The fund’s primary intention is to help these organisations to stabilise and manage cash-flows over this difficult period.
The TSRF is delivered by Firstport, Social Investment Scotland and Corra Foundation and it offers charities, voluntary organisations and social enterprises grants of £5,000-£100,000. In addition there will be up to a further £5m available in fully flexible, 0% interest loans starting at £50,000.
For more information and to apply, visit SCVO’s Coronavirus Third Sector Information Hub which has lots of useful information on funding for voluntary sector organisations during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Funding – https://youthscotland.org.uk/programmes/youth-scotland-action-fund
- Information Governance advice https://www.informationgovernance.scot.nhs.uk/covid-19-information-governance-advice/
- Update on advice services in Edinburgh https://www.evoc.org.uk/noticeboard/notices/update-on-advice-partners-city-of-edinburgh/
- For all up to date information on the virus itself and responses we recommend SCVO‘s pages here: https://scvo.org/coronavirus-covid-19-information-guidance/
- Keegan & Pennykid the charity sector insurance brokers have a good resource page here: https://www.keegan-pennykid.com/2020/03/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Health Protection Scotland information and guidance for social or community care & residential settings: https://www.hps.scot.nhs.uk/web-resources-container/covid-19-information-and-guidance-for-social-or-community-care-residential-settings/
and guidance for non-healthcare settings: https://www.hps.scot.nhs.uk/web-resources-container/covid-19-guidance-for-non-healthcare-settings/
- OSCR Charities and Coronavirus: An update from the regulator which is updated regularly, available here: https://www.oscr.org.uk/news/charities-and-coronavirus-an-update-from-the-regulator/
- An update from the Care Inspectorate: https://www.careinspectorate.com/images/A_message_from_Care_Inspectorate_CEO_17_March.pdf
- Free Coronavirus resources for charities
- COVID-19 resources for community action/mutual aid groups
- Coronavirus crisis comms advice for charities
Daily blogposts on the crisis by Madeleine Sugden, a charity digital expert. The comms tips are particularly useful – simple, effective, easy to action.
- Free crisis comms guide for charities
- Charity Digital Code – new website
“The Charity Digital Code of Practice is for charity professionals looking to get more strategic with digital. The Code can help you figure out the key actions that your charity needs to take to stay relevant and increase your impact, efficiency and sustainability.”
- How to turn events into digital events
- How to run a great virtual meeting
- How to help staff adjust to remote working
With thanks to the Corra Foundation