In recent weeks and months we’ve been exploring how to bring together the voices of voluntary sector leaders to discuss strategic issues and explore options to influence and make change – with so many challenges facing the people and communities across Edinburgh this is ever more important.
This has historically been done through the Third Sector Strategy Group, but in partnership with our Third Sector Interface partners (Volunteer Edinburgh and Edinburgh Social Enterprise) we are looking for a new platform/format for all leaders from across the sector – charities, social enterprises and community groups – to have the opportunity to share their knowledge, experiences and ideas.
We would really like to hear your thoughts on how we can move forward with this, so please take a few minutes to complete a short survey.
The Third Sector Strategy Group (TSSG) brought together and distilled the many voices, intelligence and aspirations of Edinburgh’s community and voluntary sector. We were a strong, unified voice, providing leadership with a collective ambition to remove inequalities and improve the lives of Edinburgh people. The TSSG ensures that the sector is strategically placed to play a powerful, valued and impactful role within Edinburgh’s Community Planning.
- Share strategic information across forums, identifying common themes for priority action.
- Identify and articulate innovative approaches which address inequalities and improve lives.
- Support EVOC and the TSI to articulate third sector priorities and address issues of common concern.
- Strengthen the democratic process, transparency and engagement of Edinburgh’s Third sector through effective participation in the Compact Partnership and Edinburgh Community Planning Board.
- Deepen dialogue with elected member to increase their awareness of the Third Sector and deliver policy commitments through the Compact Partnership.
- Work with EVOC and TSI to create a productive space where third, public and other sectors work collaboratively and co-produce polices, strategies and actions which create shared solutions.
The membership to the Third Sector Strategy Group is open to all voluntary sector and social enterprise forums and organisations representing the voices of Edinburgh’s citizens, communities and third sector.