Notes From the Most Recent TSSG Meeting: Tue 2 Mar, 2021
There was a general consensus that working groups, each with a key area of focus, would be the best way to make things happen. The following were highlighted as areas of focus:
- Community investment (how are services commissioned / how do we influence this better across all activity (referencing the framework in the Community Paradigm)
- Collaboration & co-operation (mapping out the Community Anchor Organisation concept)
- The development of a TSSG Manifesto with clear values and aims
Furthermore, with CLD partners, the TSSG is interested in developing a community of practice focussing on community engagement and capacity building. TSSG members will have the opportunity to get involved in these groups, helping to keep the momentum going at a time when the role of the community/voluntary sector is being widely valued, and this will be followed up in the coming weeks.
The Third Sector Strategy Group (TSSG) brings together and distils the many voices, intelligence and aspirations of Edinburgh’s community and voluntary sector. We are a strong, unified voice, providing leadership with a collective ambition to remove inequalities and improve the lives of Edinburgh people. The TSSG ensures that the sector is strategically placed to play a powerful, valued and impactful role within Edinburgh’s Community Planning.
- Share strategic information across forums, identifying common themes for priority action.
- Identify and articulate innovative approaches which address inequalities and improve lives.
- Support EVOC and the TSI to articulate third sector priorities and address issues of common concern.
- Strengthen the democratic process, transparency and engagement of Edinburgh’s Third sector through effective participation in the Compact Partnership and Edinburgh Community Planning Board.
- Deepen dialogue with elected member to increase their awareness of the Third Sector and deliver policy commitments through the Compact Partnership.
- Work with EVOC and TSI to create a productive space where third, public and other sectors work collaboratively and co-produce polices, strategies and actions which create shared solutions.
The membership to the Third Sector Strategy Group is open to all voluntary sector and social enterprise forums and organisations representing the voices of Edinburgh’s citizens, communities and third sector.