As leaders from around the world come together for the COP26 Summit in Glasgow we want to celebrate the citizens and communities across Edinburgh (Scotland, the UK and the world) who are already taking climate actions. Find out how you can get involved here or watch a short video here.
The 3 short films below – created in partnership with Media Education using a smart phone and free editing software – share first hand stories of action for climate change, the impact of each action and how we can come together to do more:
Alan Gordon (Edible Estates): Using community gardens as a place to gather, grow, build trust and find common causes.
Naomi Arnold (Cargo Bike Movement): Helping to build fairer, greener, healthier communities in Edinburgh.
Tom Bird (Global Schools Climate Summit): Supporting schools to help pupils to become active citizens and address climate change.
SHARE YOUR OWN CLIMATE ACTION STORY
You can help shine a light on climate action in your community by sharing your story in just a few simple steps:
- Decide how you want to share your story.
– A photo
– A to camera video
– Something more ambitious… it’s your story, tell it your way!
Our #MyClimateAction Guide has some useful hints and tips.
- Share your story on Facebook or Twitter.
- Use the #MyClimateAction hashtag and #NetZero30 #NetZeroEdin
- Tag us in your post on Twitter or Facebook and we’ll share your story.
- Challenge someone else to share their climate action story, by tagging @person or @organisation