We are at a growth point where we are working with more young people. Therefore we require a youth development worker passionate about supporting and inspiring young people.
This role is an exciting opportunity to lead and shape how we work with and support our most critical stakeholders, young people. The core remit of this role is to oversea the support and participation of young people, our youth sessions and be the main link person to our schools. If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you!
You will be joining a small, inspiring and flexible team based in North Edinburgh. This role suits someone who enjoys a flexible work life and wants to see young people succeed.
MAIN ELEMENTS OF ROLE
• Be the main point of contact to our young people during and out with hours
• Ensure the safe, empowering and full participation of young people in all Scran activity
• Design and deliver sessions that develop the personal & social skills of young people
• With wider team, help ensure a youth work approach to all our activities
• Primary responsibility to the week to week contact with our high schools, overseeing attendance, barriers and updates
• Help set individual development plans with young people
• Be part of ensuring a robust child protection strategy
• Champion young people’s voices and embed their rights in Scran Academy
HOURS & BENEFITS:
21 hours per week, salary £20,000 pro rata (from 37.5 hours). Post is initially for up to one year.
Scran Academy operates Thursdays and Fridays at present, although this may change going forward. The remaining hours will be determined as mutually agreed and required. This (surprise surprise in the youth sector) will involve occasional evening and weekend work.
This post attracts employers pension contribution and (pro rata) 33 days annual leave, inclusive of a public holidays. You will benefit from an inspiring and ever-changing workplace. Additional training on social enterprise, food, youth work and community development as well as leadership opportunities, will be offered.