The City of Edinburgh Council are seeking proposals from organisations wishing to deliver activity as part of the UK Shared Prosperity Fund, between October 2022 and the end of March 2025.
UKSPF is a central pillar of the UK Government’s Levelling Up agenda and will commit over £2.6bn of funding for local investment by March 2025. The primary goal of the UKSPF is to build pride in place and increase life chances across the UK. Underneath this overarching aim, there are three investment priorities:
- Community and Place
- Supporting Local Business
- People and Skills
Each investment priority lists a number of Interventions with corresponding outcomes and outputs.
The type of proposals the City of Edinburgh Council are looking for…
- Projects must deliver activity that falls into one or more of the three investment priorities above and be clearly aligned with at least one of the Interventions.
- They are also particularly interested in proposals that support the priority themes of the Local Outcome Improvement Plan and the Council’s Business Plan priorities of Net Zero, Poverty Prevention and Health and Wellbeing.
- Proposals need to be clearly developed with a defined costing plan and clearly measurable outcomes and outputs. Consideration also needs to be given to an exit plan for when the funding ends in March 2025.
Register For An Online Info Session
An information session outlining the application process along with an opportunity to ask questions will be held on Tue 28 Jun, 9.30am – 10.30am on Microsoft Teams.
Register and you will be sent joining instructions for the call.
How you can apply
Please read the UKSPF ‘List of Interventions, Outputs and Indicators’ documentation before starting work on a proposal. You will need to submit a Proposal Form along with the accompanying completed spreadsheets detailing how your proposal meets the UK SPF priorities, the funding required for the proposal and the intended outcomes and outputs that will be achieved.
You can get copies of documents required on the City of Edinburgh Council website.
Deadline for proposals: Mon 11 Jul (late proposals will not be accepted)
Submit proposals to: UKSPF@edinburgh.gov.uk
Assessment of proposals
An independent panel will assess all proposals against:
- the extent to which they meet the priorities of UK Shared Prosperity Fund
- the extent to which proposals would support the delivery of local priorities
Following assessment, the Council will prioritise which proposals which most strongly meet the UK Shared Prosperity Fund and local priorities. These proposals will then be included in an Investment Plan for Edinburgh.
The Edinburgh Investment Plan will be submitted to UK Government in August 2022 for their consideration. The UK Government will assess Edinburgh’s Investment Plan and it is hoped that this will be approved for delivery from October 2022 onwards.
For more info: UKSPF@edinburgh.gov.uk