Tutor: Children and families and health
SW Managers, Reviewing officers, Social Workers, Specialist Services, Foster Carers, Children and Family Centre Staff, Early Years Centre staff, Early Intervention, Midwives, Health Visitors, Hospital-based and School Based Staff including teachers.
Before attending this course please ensure you have attended the Child Protection Awareness Raising and Response and the basic GIRFEC training, unless you are a foster carer.
- Look at the care needs of vulnerable children, premature babies and those affected by neo-natal abstinence syndrome and foetal alcohol syndrome
- To consider how these children needs can be met.
- To highlight the impact and effects on child development and attachment for vulnerable children.
- To have an understanding of the impact of maternal substance use during pregnancy on the unborn child
- To understand how substance misuse can impact the developing child throughout their childhood and beyond.
- As a practitioner to consider the individual needs of the child and how best they can be supported at home and in the school.
- Consider the use of GIRFEC and CAPSM guidelines when providing intervention for the child and their family.
- Thursday 10 May 2018
- Thursday 21 June 2018
- Wednesday 12 December 2018
Times: Registration 09:15 for a 09:30 start, end at 16:00
Venue: Spartans Community Football Academy, 94 Pilton Drive, EH5 2HF
To Book: Email – email@example.com or Tel- 0131 470 5670