As you may recall from last year, the Great Get Together takes place in June each year. Inspired by Jo Cox MP, the event aims to bring together communities to build connections, share all that they have in common and emphasise that there is more that unites than divides us.
A few weeks ago, the GGT team met with the Cab Sec for Communities and LG and the Minister for Older People and Equalities. They committed to the SG working closely with the Jo Cox Foundation to support promoting the Great Get Together in Scotland.
This year’s Great Get Together will take place from Friday 21 to Sunday 23 June. I would appreciate your help in promoting this event through your networks.
Information on events that took place last year and some background to the Great Get Together can be found here. I have also included some links, below, which can be circulated to your stakeholders:
• Find information on how to get involved and plan events here
• Sign up to the campaign here to keep up to date with all the latest campaign tips and news;
• Register your event, here
• Download digital resources, including posters, logos and invitations, here; and
• View the map of all the events taking place, here.
If you have any questions please contact Samantha Broadley: Samantha.Broadley@gov.scot