In response to the economic impact of the covid-19 pandemic, the Scottish Government has awarded funding to encourage public and third sector organisations to offer paid work placements to people aged over 25 years, who have been unemployed for over 12 months and have additional barriers to employment.
There is no cost to your organisation, and they are looking for entry level posts suitable for people to gain essential skills for future employment.
Placements should offer between 16 – 30 hours per week, fixed term for 6 months but can be flexible to meet the needs of the individual, i.e. term time, less hours for longer. The placements must be supernumerary.
- Participants must receive £9.50 per hour and start dates must be between November and March. You’ll pay the wages and reclaim in full from the council monthly in arrears.
- Placements must be supported by a nominated staff member (mentor) who, in turn, will be supported by a named officer from the City of Edinburgh Council or an employability provider.
- You will be responsible for induction and day-to-day management of the participant.
- Progress will be reviewed regularly with participant and mentor and can be stopped if not working out.
- However, if the placement is successful, additional funding may be available after the 26 week period. Your nominated Officer will help you to investigate this.
To find out more please contact Claire Bee: email@example.com or call 07935 009 924
Deadline: Fri 10 Dec 2021