Penumbra, one of Scotland’s largest mental health charities, is looking to recruit a Community Link Worker (22.5 hours per week / fixed term contract until 31st March 2023).
Application Deadline: Mon 18 Jan 2021, 12noon
(extended deadline, previous applicants need not re-apply)
The Community Link Worker will support people in a locality to make a positive difference to their personal and community assets. The Community Link Worker will take a person-centred approach and support people to identify issues affecting their health and wellbeing; identify personal outcomes and priorities; overcome barriers to achieving goals; support access & engagement with local and national agencies & services.
The Community Link Worker will also work to connect primary care, social care services, 3rd sector agencies and community resources to provide person-centred, joined-up solutions for people that promote health and wellbeing.
The Community Link Worker will provide regular reports to external agencies on outcomes achieved.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide flexible, person-centred support to people who access the service.
- Design and delivery flexible approaches that improve health and wellbeing
- Assess community priorities and liaise with other agencies to co-produce effective responses.
- Link with a wide range of other providers including Primary Care, specialist mental health services, social care services and the wide range of community resources.
- Establish an effective relationship with people who use the service in accordance with Penumbra’s policies and procedures
- Be responsible for maintaining the relevant systems of documentation and provide accurate information and reports as required
- Be flexible and responsive to meet the changing needs of supported people, the Community Link Network and the organisation, within the agreed criteria
- Participate in training activities and meetings as required
- Uphold Penumbra’s Code of Practice
- Register with the SSSC if appropriate (Supervisor) and maintain post-registration training and learning log to meet ongoing registration requirements
- Providing Line Management Support and Supervision to other staff within Community Link Network as required
- Other duties, deemed appropriate to this grade, as and when required
See the full advert on goodmoves
Find out more on the Penumbra website