Adult Support & Protection Training Level 2 is mandatory for all members of staff, volunteers and subcontractors who work in customer-facing environments, in particular; community care assistants, newly qualified social workers and occupational therapists, care providers and support workers NHS staff working with patients in Edinburgh (Doctors, nurses & Allied Health Professionals) with line management responsibility, caseload responsibility for actual or potential adults at risk, and/or have significant contact with adults at risk.
Courses run from 9.30am – 4pm on the dates listed below:
Wed 26 Jan, Wed 2 Feb, Thu 24 Feb, Thu 3 Mar, Fri 25 Mar, Fri 1 Apr, Mon 25 Apr, Mon 2 May, Tue 31 May, Tue 7 Jun, Wed 14 Sep, Thu 6 Oct, Thu 13 Oct, Mon 7 Nov, Mon 14 Nov, Tue 6 Dec, Tue 13 Dec 2022
This course is hosted on Microsoft Teams.
Book a place: firstname.lastname@example.org
(please include applicant’s name, email address, job role, and preferred date in the email)
- To share experience and best practice amongst people engaged in Adult Protection work.
- Gain understanding of potential impact of harm and neglect on the adult at risk and how issues relating to capacity and choice can affect the investigation.
- Gain confidence in identifying Adult Protection concerns.
- Gain knowledge of roles and responsibilities of agencies and professionals under Adult Protection.
- Understand your role in an Adult Protection Case Conference.
- there will be 14 places available per course but we will only book 3-4 places from a specific agency at any time
- places will be confirmed well in advance although
- joining instructions, handouts and MS Teams links are sent out a week before the course date
- the joining instructions include advice on using MS Teams if anyone is unfamiliar
This multi-agency training is delivered by City of Edinburgh Council employees for the EHSCP including Fire and Police Public Protection Services.