- Essential Info – How to complete an ESA50
- Essential Info – Personal Banking
- Essential Info- Avoiding Sanctions and how to challenge them
- Essential Info- Council Tax arrears (Edinburgh specific)
- Essential Info- Get what you need from your phone call (Effective Communication)
- Essential Info Universal Credit
- Essential Info – The Scottish Welfare Fund
Universal Credit launched in Edinburgh for simple claims from single jobseekers on 9 March 2015. Our guide to help people currently affected is listed above – we will keep it updated as the rollout extends and the situation changes. For more detailed information from the DWP, such as their Partner Organisation toolkit which includes FAQs, some factsheets called ‘Quick Guides’ and much more, please click here.
Other sources of information
Turn2us have up to date information on their website and a benefits check tool that can help people calculate their entitlements and work out how they might be affected if their situation changes – www.turn2us.org.uk
Adviceguide is a public website with lots of useful information and tools on a wide range of issues, including welfare benefits and money advice – https://www.adviceguide.org.uk/scotland.htm
The NHS Crisis Guide: NHS quick guide to ‘crisis response’ resources to help individuals with immediate essential living costs.
We will be adding more materials & resources to this page over the course of 2015. If you have any Recovery Essentials related information you would like to share, please send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.