You may be new to taking minutes or perhaps you were “volunteered” without any preparation.
Taking minutes can be daunting, but take courage – attend this interactive online course, which is packed full of tips and strategies for minute taking in online meetings, look them in the eye and say “I’ll be happy to do it!”
On this half-day course we will cover:
- Why minutes are important
- Who should be involved in the process
- Preparing for a meeting
- Recording, interpreting or transcribing?
- Tips on note taking and writing up
- Storage and distribution of committee records
- By the end of the session, you will have put together your own good practice guide to use in minute taking for your organisation.
Aims of the course
You will have a better understanding of what your role and responsibilities are as a minute taker. Learn new ways of taking accurate notes in online meetings and Board meetings and produce easy to read minutes.
“One of the best training sessions I’ve had with EVOC.”
“Trainer was fantastic and really helpful.”
“Fab course, best 3 hours spent improving my work skills.”
Remember you can apply for an EVOC training grant if your organisations’ income is under £200,000 and you are a registered Charity working in Edinburgh and Lothians. Visit our Training Grants page.