Have you recently become a Manager? Or are you considering moving into a management role? Then this day course is designed for you. The course explores the lush valleys and ice walls of the management landscape and provides guides on best practice so that you have right tools in your backpack and the confidence to decide about and / or take on the role.
Who the course is for
People who have just moved, are about to, or are interested in, moving into their first management role (e.g. taking on responsibility for a project, staff or volunteers).
Aims of the course
- To have explored hopes and fears about the transition into management
- To ensure participants are clear about management, management roles, cultures and structures
- To identify qualities and activities of effective managers
- To have provided guidelines and key techniques for managing people.
- Understanding the transition into a management role
- Being clear about the expectations of people in management roles;
- Becoming familiar with the nature of management roles, structures and culture;
- To have information and handouts on good practice and procedures when managing people.
“This course was exactly what I needed to prepare me for transitioning to management and I feel more confident towards taking the leap! Thank you!
“Very informative and useful to new managers.”
“Course exceeded my expectations and helped to highlight work related issues.”
Remember you can apply for an EVOC training grant if your organisations’ income is under £200,000 and you are a registered Charity working in Edinburgh and Lothians. Visit our Training page to download an application form.