Who the course is for
Staff of charities or associations who have, are about to, or are interested in, moving into their first management role (e.g. taking on responsibility for staff or volunteers).
Aims of the course
- To have explored hopes and fears about the transition into management
- To ensure participants are clear about management, management roles, cultures and structures
- To identify qualities and activities of effective managers
- To have provided guidelines and key techniques for managing people.
- Understanding the transition into a management role
- Being clear about the expectations of people in management roles;
- Becoming familiar with the nature of management roles, structures and culture;
- To have information and handouts on good practice and procedures when managing people.
“Covers a broad base of very important subjects, hugely helpful in putting work strategies into practise.
“Very informative and useful to new managers.”
“Course exceeded my expectations and helped to highlight work related issues.”
Remember you can apply for an EVOC training grant if your organisations’ income is under £200,000 and you are a registered Charity working in Edinburgh and Lothians. Visit our Training page to download an application form.