This course is designed for managers who wish to develop their skills in supporting staff who are required to deal with challenging, angry or aggressive behaviour in their day to day work. It will place particular emphasis on the analysis of critical incidents and appropriate responses to events of this nature.
This half day course will cover:
- How we define significant/critical incidents
- Coping mechanisms/resilience and individual characteristics
- Analysis of incidents
- 3 levels of response in supporting staff
- Increasing staff awareness of conflict resolution and de-escalation
- Risk assessment and personal safety
The course is a mix of presentation, discussion and exercises. Participants are encouraged to discuss examples of work/life situations and techniques that have been useful in achieving satisfactory outcomes.
‘Excellent tutor, thank you Stan.’
‘Stan is the best trainer! Fabulous!’
*This training is free for Edinburgh registered charities with a turnover of less than £200,000 (after a completion of a short form).
This form is downloadable from: