Meetings will become more effective – and shorter – when the chair and minute taker work as a team. This new workshop offers an opportunity for these valuable roles to come together to develop a good working relationship and ensure that meetings are well-prepared and managed and result in the production of well-minuted decisions to be acted on.
The workshop will cover:
- The life-cycle of a meeting
- Roles and responsibilities of participants before, during and after a meeting
- Setting the agenda and developing a ‘Chair’s Brief’
- How the minute taker works with the chair
- Dealing with difficult participants
- Developing ground-rules for effective meetings
Remember you can apply for an EVOC training grant if your organisations income is under £200,000 and you are a registered Charity working in Edinburgh and Lothians. Visit our Training page to download an application form.