In May 2018, GDPR was implemented with a lot of noise and even more anxiety, with many organisations struggling to make sense of what they were required to do. One year on we ask the question – how are you getting GDPR?
This one-day workshop will give a brief resume of the principles of GDPR and an update on recent developments.
It will focus on the practical issues and look at:
- Where are you now?
- What are the issues you are struggling with?
- How robust are your processes – and do you know if your teams are following them?
Kirsty will use live examples of problems charities are facing now and giving you the opportunity to bring your problems to the table to find solutions.
Based on the ‘learning set’ model, and beginning with a ‘what’s working/what’s not working’ session, this course will allow you to describe and resolve problems around:
- Training v implementation: how have you/do you move from the first to the second?
- Retention schedules: how have you developed one that fits your organisation and how are you managing your records in line with your policy?
- How often are you being asked to breach GDPR principles and lawful reasons for processing by funders, insurers, partners or others and what should you do about it?
- Data breaches: handling them and learning from them
- Data sharing: the complexities around who is the data controller and who is the data processor
- What are the biggest risks or pitfalls for your organisation?
During this time there will be plenty of time for questions, answers and discussion.
The afternoon session will be set aside as a ‘GDPR/data protection surgery’ for those of you who want help with particular problems you may be facing.
Testimonials from previous GDPR course
- “A very useful course with no jargon!”
- “Practical advice from an engaging, experienced practitioner.”
- “Calm, authoritative approach, good consolidation of information. Good pace, very enjoyable.”