This online course is for people who support or are responsible for budgeting, the financial aspect of funding applications and reporting to the Board on finances.
The aim is to boost competence in the most important areas of managing finances. It incorporates elements of full cost recovery, estimating costs and building in sustainability. Topics include:
- Financial jargon
- Cash-flow projections
- Reporting on income and expenditure against budget
- Introduction to full cost recovery
- Budgeting for new services
- Budgeting for core and projects – allocating overhead costs between projects
- Software options
- Structure of a balance sheet and interpreting it
By the end participants will be able to effectively manage and present their finances:
- For the maximum benefit of the board and the organisation generally
- To best advantage in budgeting for funding applications and in dealing with multiple funders.
- They will take away tools and techniques that will assist them with both.
Please note there will be time for questions and regular comfort breaks. We look forward to working with you in this new online environment.
“I found this workshop invaluable – excellent content, mixed in with nice measure of anecdote, opinion and really useful activities.”
“Great detail and sharing of expertise from John – thank you.”
“The training was very useful and easy to understand. Very enjoyable!”
Remember you can apply for an EVOC training grant if your organisations’ income is under £200,000 and you are a registered Charity working in Edinburgh and Lothians. Visit our Training page to download an application form.