The aim of this online course is to boost your confidence and knowledge in the most important areas of managing finances. It incorporates elements of full cost recovery, estimating costs and building in sustainability. Topics include:
- Financial jargon
- Cash-flow projections
- Reporting on income and expenditure against budget
- Introduction to full cost recovery
- Budgeting for new services
- Budgeting for core and projects – allocating overhead costs between projects
- Software options
- Structure of a balance sheet and interpreting it
Participants will be able to effectively manage and present their finances:
- For the maximum benefit of the board and the organisation generally
- To best advantage in budgeting for funding applications and in dealing with multiple funders.
- They will take away tools and techniques that will assist them with both.
Who should attend?
This course is for people who support or are responsible the financial aspect of funding applications, setting budgets and reporting to their Board on finances.
“I found this workshop invaluable – excellent content, mixed in with nice measure of anecdote, opinion and really useful activities.”
“The training was very useful and easy to understand. Very enjoyable!”