The need to demonstrate the difference that our service/project/organisation is making for the people and communities we serve has never been greater. We know that funders want this information – but what opportunities might we be missing by thinking about gathering evidence of our impact solely as ‘evaluation’? In addition to serving this purpose, it also helps us to plan how best to use our range of resources, attract new clients, establish the ‘right’ partnerships…and motivate staff.
Who is this course for?
This course is intended for those who need to evidence impact, and are seeking fresh thinking about how best to do so. It is particularly useful if two members of staff are able to attend, and one is a manager or team leader, as everyone will leave with a plan to implement within their project/organisation.
• To expand participants’ understanding of what constitutes ‘evidence’
• Clarifying terms such as outcome, outcome indicator, output, input and methodolgy
• To provide a range of tools and approaches for gathering evidence and explore how they can be used in an integrated way within established ways of working
• To provide an opportunity to consider the range of audiences for whom evidence is being gathered for – and they type of evidence they will respond to
• Each participant will leave with a plan for implementing ways of gathering and using evidence in their project/service/organisation.
Joette Thomas has worked in the third sector since she arrived in Scotland in 1994, primarily in senior management and CEO roles. She has worked as an independent consultant and trainer since 2004, working primarily with people in management and leadership roles. Joette is a Lead Partner in Animate Consulting