This course will be held over two days. The first day will be online and will look at theoretical aspects of first aid in a 2 hour session. On the second day delegates will attend a 3.5 hour face2face session where the practical elements are revised and delegates are competency assessed throughout the course, in scenarios they may reasonably encounter in real life, so they will have the opportunity to learn in a practical way, with aids and resources.
Please wear clothing that is comfortable and appropriate. There is also the chance to ask questions and build confidence in a learning environment.
This course is SQA SCQF Level 6 accredited and satisfies the requirements of the new HSE qualification “Emergency First Aider in the Workplace” which lasts for 3 years.
The key learning outcomes for attendees are:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a First Aider
- Be able to assess an incident or emergency
- Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty including primary and secondary assessment
- Carry out CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) and understand how to use an AED
- Understand how to manage epileptic seizures and when to call an ambulance
- Understand how to treat a range of conditions and injuries including burns, breaks, diabetes, anaphylaxis, heart attack and stroke.
Each participant will receive handouts and a first aid manual.
“Trainer was excellent, really enjoyed the course. Would recommend to anyone.”
“It lived up to and beyond my expectations.”