This one-day course will give participants the tools and skills to produce a basic report. It will help you have more confidence in your role of reporter, produce a concise and reader-friendly report that will inform, advise and feedback on matters such as operations, policy, evaluation, strategy and tasks.
Working in groups and individually this interactive course will help you learn how to:
- Elicit a clear remit
- Identify soft and hard parameters
- Plan the report / develop the structure / decide on content
- Gear reports to their audiences
- Incorporate contemporary, socially-relevant concepts
- Condense evidence
- Handle bad news
- Apply graphics
- Automate aspects of formatting
- Avoid common language errors
- Utilise appendices and references
- Create a “Report Toolbox”
Who is this course aimed at?
This online course is for anyone new to report writing or with little-to-moderate experience. The trainer will make time to cover any specific questions and steer the content and conversation to suit the group.
“Great, interactive session with lots of practical ideas for improving report writing.”
“Practical advice, guidance and support that will prove very useful – thank you.”
Remember you can apply for an EVOC training grant if your organisations income is under £200,000 and you are a registered Charity working in Edinburgh and Lothians. Visit our Training page to download an application form.