You may be new to taking minutes or perhaps you were “volunteered” without any preparation. Don’t despair, it needn’t be an arduous task.
On this half-day course we will cover:
- Why minutes are important
- Who should be involved in the process
- Preparing for a meeting
- Recording, interpreting or transcribing?
- Tips on note taking and writing up
- Storage and distribution of committee records
- By the end of the session, you will have put together your own good practice guide to use in minute taking for your organisation.
Is it for you?
This course is suitable for anyone who takes minutes in meetings who would like to ensure that their minutes record the meeting’s key points of discussion with well-minuted decisions to be acted on.
“One of the best training sessions I’ve had with EVOC.”
“Trainer was fantastic and really helpful.”
“Fab course, best 3 hours spent improving my work skills.”
Remember you can apply for an EVOC training grant if your organisations’ income is under £200,000 and you are a registered Charity working in Edinburgh and Lothians. Visit our Training Grants page.