The aim of this session is to introduce people to the potential of raising funds by engaging with their community through events and involving volunteers. This workshop is suitable to anyone in a charity or voluntary organisation with responsibility for fundraising, for example trustees, managers, or others.
By the end of this session, you should be able to:
- Define what is meant by community fundraising
- Describe a range of different forms of community fundraising activities
- Begin to put together an action plan for your organisation’s community fundraising
- Understand the value of involving volunteers
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of fundraising through events
- Understand the factors to take into consideration when organising an event
- Produce a basic event plan and budget.
Please note places are limited to 8 people. So book early to secure your place.
This is part of a trio of funding courses and the other two are:
Fundraising Nuts & Bolts: Applications: Wed 31st Jan (1:30pm – 4:30pm)