This ½ day online course will provide you with a foundation in child protection knowledge and skills. This course is crucial for anyone who has regular contact with children and young people. The training will enable you to recognise and respond appropriately to child abuse concerns and referrals.
This course is an introduction to child protection and safeguarding and will include:
- background and context for children’s safeguarding
- safeguarding and key principles in the Children and young people (Scotland) Act and Getting it right for every child
- types of abuse and neglect
- concerns, allegations and disclosures
- information sharing between agencies
- practice examples, scenarios and case studies.
Attendees will establish a good knowledge of child protection and safeguarding. Participants will:
• have an understanding of safeguarding legislation
• be able to recognise potential indicators of abuse for children
• know what action to take if there is a safeguarding concern or allegation
• gain a person centred approach in child protection and safeguarding.
Who should attend?
This course is of value to staff who work with children and young people. It useful for a range of professionals working across different sectors, including: frontline professionals, such as social workers, team leaders, residential key workers, foster carers, third sector staff and designated safeguarding staff.
“This was an informative, confidence-raising course, led by an experienced and engaging facilitator.”
“Great refresher plus new information.”