* EVOC is delighted to be able to offer this training course FREE of charge, having been successfully awarded Prevention Investment Fund money from the Edinburgh Integration Joint Board. Places are available to organisations that offer services to people over 50 in Edinburgh and/or with adults living in areas of demonstrable health inequalities. Up to two places for staff or volunteers can be booked on each course.
Please indicate in the of the Booking Form how your organisation is eligible, under the section: ‘Any other requirements’ and put PIF in ‘Discount Code’ box.
Suitable for carers in a variety of settings (hospitals, care homes, community and domestic) who are responsible for preparing, administering and storing medication, and monitoring and recording its effects.
- relevant staff
- routes of administration
- physiological measurements
- equipment and methods
- immediate problems and adverse reactions
- standard precautions and health and safety procedures
- storage – legal requirements and codes of practice
About the Trainer: Muriel Hood
Muriel has over 30 years experience in nursing, working in in senior positions in both social care and health care and with a wide range of clients, including older people and children with additional needs.