Have you got news? Share it here!
APPLY FOR GRANTS
individuals & organisations >
download pdf resources >
GET IN TOUCH
we're happy to help >
Council Agrees £22.9m Grants to Third Parties
At its meeting on Tuesday 26th February, the City of Edinburgh Council’s Corporate Policy & Strategy Committee considered the Grants to Third Parties – proposals for expenditure report for the year 2013/14.
This report covered grants, rather than other forms of contracts like Service Level Agreements or Commissioned Services which were – broadly – covered in the main Council budget discussions.
Highlights from the report:
- Recommendations were made to fund some 220 organisations up to the value of just under £23m;
- Performance data from applicant organisations consider not only economic returns, but social value as well;
- Grants will be managed and distributed differently in future – in line with the Council’s broad decisions on its Budget.
- It is worth noting that particular mention is made of ‘Compact arrangements,’ which operate under the banner – In Equal Respect.
Although the official minute will not be published for some time yet, given that this news is relevant to a range of Third Sector organisations in the city we thought it best to publish the draft text of the Committee’s decision:
1) To approve the recommendations; and
2) To note that in regard to the South Edinburgh Healthy Living Initiative and the Welcoming Association, there would be continued constructive exploration of alternative funding from different departmental sources.
The Chair of the Edinburgh Compact Partnership is the Volunteer Centre Edinburgh’s Chief Executive Officer Harriet Eadie, and the key contact person for the Edinburgh Compact Partnership is Milind Kolhatkar.
latest top stories
6 June 2013
Sign up for our newsletter
We'll keep you up-to-date on news, events and training courses.
You can book online
If you don't see a course that fits your needs, contact our team, we will do our best to help…