The Edinburgh Integration Joint Board (IJB) has the governance oversight of the Edinburgh Health & Social Care Partnership and all commissioning. Given formal powers in April 2016, the Health & Social Care Partnership brings together NHS Lothian’s Community Health services and City of Edinburgh Council’s Health and Social care functions.
Scottish Government policy aims to better integrate the two sets of community services to better provide health care and social care to Scotland’s population.
The IJB meets monthly, with a alternating pattern of Development Days and full Board meetings. Dates, further background, history and Board membership can be found on the Transform Edinburgh Website.
EVOC Chief Executive Ella Simpson is a non-voting IJB member, representing the interests of the Third Sector. This brings an additional dimension to the integration of health and social care in Edinburgh – by including information, services and activities provided by Third Sector organisations. Ella seeks to influence the IJB’s decision-making processes for the betterment of the citizens of the city, and has agency through the suite of networks and forums across the Third Sector with whom information and policy development is shared.
Ella writes regular feedback forms for the Sector, to be read alongside the official papers and minutes of meetings that are available here.
The positions and staff leading the Partnership’s Locality structure can be found here: Hub and Clusters Arrangements Feb 2017.
Most recent papers:
- 2017-10-13 Edinburgh IJB EVOC Feedback
- 2017-09-22 Edinburgh IJB EVOC Feedback
- 2017-06-16 Edinburgh IJB EVOC Feedback
- 2017-02-10 Edinburgh IJB EVOC Feedback
- 2017-01-20 Edinburgh IJB EVOC Feedback
- 2016-11-23 Edinburgh IJB EVOC Feedback
- 2016-10-14 Development Session EVOC Feedback
- 2016-09-16 Edinburgh IJB EVOC Feedback
- 2016-07-15 Edinburgh IJB EVOC Feedback
- 2016-03-11 Shadow H&SC Partnership EVOC Feedback
- 2016-01-15 Shadow H&SC Partnership EVOC Feedback
- 2015-06-12 Shadow H&SC Partnership EVOC Feedback
- 2015-04-10 Shadow H&SC Partnership EVOC Feedback
- 2015-01-16 Shadow H&SC Partnership EVOC Feedback
- 2015-05-15 Shadow H&SC Partnership EVOC Feedback
- 2015-07-17 Shadow H&SC Partnership EVOC Feedback
- 2015-10-01 Strategic Plan Consultation Feedback
- 2014-12-16 Shadow H&SC Partnership EVOC Feedback
Information on the development of Edinburgh’s Strategic Plan, and the shadow Strategic Planning Group can be found by clicking here.