Thu 25 May 2017, 13:30 – 16:30
The Melting Pot, 5 Rose Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2PR
Participatory Budgeting (PB) has become part of the funding landscape in Edinburgh. Police Scotland and City of Edinburgh Council have both distributed funds by PB in 2016 and 2017.
Opinions are polarised – some Third Sector Organisations love it, others loathe it. Whatever your opinion, as part of the SNP manifesto it is likely to be part of the funding landscape for the next few years.
This thinkSpace has been designed to:
- Introduce partipants to the concept behind PB, look at PB around the world, in Scotland and in Edinburgh.
- Learn about the PB project run by Police Scotland in Edinburgh tackling Islamaphobia.
- Give participants a chance to discuss what they feel are the positives and the issues around PB from a Third Sector organisational perspective.
- Ask participants what recommendations could be made to those running a PB project to improve the experience for the Third Sector organisations, bearing in mind it looks like it is here to stay for the next few years. This session will inform a position paper for EVOC on PB.
- Identify what support is required for Third Sector organisations to take full advantage of PB opportunities. This information will inform a toolkit and training for projects for PB.
Whether you are new to PB, experienced in applying for PB funding or whether you just have an opinion we would encourage you to take part in this discussion.