The People’s Health Trust is an independent charity addressing health inequalities across Great Britain. Using money raised by society lotteries through The Health Lottery, People’s Health Trust opens in different areas at different times throughout the year.
Active Communities is a funding programme for local people with great ideas about how to help create fairer places to grow, live, work and age well. The People’s Health Trust is looking for ideas which will create stronger connections between people and help make their local neighbourhoods even better.
To apply, organisations must meet the following criteria:
- Be for a not-for-profit group or organisation in England, Scotland or Wales.
- Be for a group or organisation with a yearly income of £350,000 or less.
- Have unrestricted access to savings of less than six months of the organisation’s yearly spending.
- Be more than three months old.
Applicants need to have a great idea, designed and led by local people which will:
- Take place within a small area for a small group of people such as 20 or 30 streets or a couple of villages.
- Run for between nine months and two years.
- Need investment of between £5,000 and £25,000 per year (up to £50,000 for two years).
- Take place in one of the areas People’s Health Trust show as most needing the funding.
Active Communities is opening soon in the following areas:
- HealthWish – East and West Sussex, Brighton and Hove
- HealthExpect – Swansea, Carmarthenshire, Neath Port Talbot, Pembrokeshire, Bridgend, Ceredigion
- HealthForm – Manchester
- HealthGift – Perth and Kinross, City of Dundee, Angus, Stirling, Fife, Clackmannanshire, Argyll and Bute
- HealthShine – Glasgow, Renfrewshire, East and West Dunbartonshire, East Renfrewshire, Inverclyde