The European Youth Foundation provides grants for youth activities which serve the promotion of peace, understanding and co-operation in a spirit of respect for the Council of Europe’s fundamental values such as human rights, democracy, tolerance and solidarity.
International youth non-government organisations (NGOs), international networks of youth NGOs, regional networks of youth NGOs, national youth NGOs and local youth NGOs can apply for the programme, which has a total annual budget of €3 million.
The types of activities that are eligible for financial support are as follows:
- Educational, social, cultural and humanitarian activities of a European character.
- Activities aimed at strengthening peace and co-operation in Europe.
- Activities designed to promote closer co-operation and better understanding among young people in Europe, particularly by developing the exchange of information.
- Activities intended to stimulate mutual aid in Europe and in the developing countries for cultural, educational and social purposes.
- Studies, research and documentation on youth matters.
Funding values according to activity are as follows:
- One-off international/European co-operation activity – maximum grant per activity €20,000.
- Annual work plan – maximum grant of €50,000.
- Structural/administrative grant – maximum annual grant for international NGOs/networks: €25,000.
- A regional youth NGO/network can apply for a one-off administrative grant in order to set up a European secretariat/co-ordination body of up to €10,000.
- Ad hoc pilot activity – maximum grant per activity €10,000.
Grants for some activities are only open to certain types of organisations.
Applications for pilot activity can be made at any time.
The next application deadline for international activities, work plans and structural grants (regional networks) is 1 October 2017.