Edinburgh’s Domestic Abuse and Violence Against Women Knowledge Hub is an online forum which aims to develop practice in relation to domestic abuse and violence against women in Edinburgh, including research, events, training and policies. It allows members to connect to each other and share information, learning and resources. It is a safe environment where members can receive support from their peers and discuss both best practice and any challenges they are experiencing.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to join.
The Knowledge Hub includes:
The Forum – where members are able to share information and discuss specific topics. Topics include:
- Working with families affected by domestic abuse and other forms of violence against women
- Working in the localities
- Safe and Together Edinburgh
- Multi-agency Risk Assessment Conferences
The Library – where members can read and share documents and resources. Topics include:
- Working in Edinburgh – Services, strategies and policies
- Violence against women – Background theory and frameworks
- Responses to violence against women in different services areas
- Working with victims, children and young people and perpetrators
- Forced marriage, honour based violence and female genital mutilation
- Sexual abuse, trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation
Events – where members can share information about events that they are involved with and learn about other events that are taking place.
Blogs – where you can read blogs of interest, or create your own
As a member, you can receive regular notifications about what is happening on the Knowledge Hub to keep up to date with all the activity