Ace It is offering a free 8 week training course that will support 8 women over 50 to recieve IT/ Computer training, enabling them to return to paid work.
• The initial training will provide you with basic skills of how to navigate various devices , what the main function keys do and building confidence in using and being aware of how technology can help in the future. (sessions 1 to 4).
• Follow up sessions (4 – 8) will concentrate on navigating the Internet to search for suitable work and how to apply online. The course will cover: how to navigate, print, save questionnaires, Compose a CV and covering letter.
• Encourage volunteer work as a means to build initial confidence and self-worth in the market place.
• Set up email and Skype accounts and demonstrate and practice using these formats to give further support for each person.
• Sign post to other organisations who can provide help.
• Within the 2 hour session there will be a break and time for questions or to recap and socialise. All the sessions will be in a relaxed and supportive atmosphere, which ACE IT has developed over 17 years of operation.
The sessions will be held from June the 16th – August the 1st. Sessions 1-7 at Stockbridge Library and session 8 at Hanover Street.
Refreshments will be served on the day and the final session- on week 8 we will have a afternoon of ‘ IT and High Tea ‘ party and hand out certificates. We hope this will not only build up IT skills but offer a new social outlet and confidence for many who are looking to move back into work.
For more information please call Dolina on 0131 477 3883 or email Dolina@aceit.org.uk