Consultancy opportunities -12 months in the first instance
EDG (Edinburgh Development Group) has been awarded Big Lottery Fund and Lloyds TSB grants to develop two exciting and innovative projects in Edinburgh.
• Are you dynamic and creative? Are you experienced in the field of disability, inclusion and family work?
• Do you have an understanding and experience of the variety of needs and presentations of people with learning disability and their carers?
• Are you experienced in the use of Person-Centred Planning and practice?
• Have you experience of developing good working relationships and partnerships across a range of voluntary and statutory organisations?
EDG has established the first Care Co-operative in Scotland. The funding enables us to use our learning to establish up to four further co-operatives and develop a model for replication across other audiences and the country. Care Co-operatives bring together disabled people and their families to provide mutual support, share information and skills in the planning of the long term care of the disabled members.
We wish to commission a consultant to work with the project team in a supporting, ‘hands on’ role in the design, development and implementation of this project.
• Are you interested in supporting disabled people and their families to develop a model of care that delivers meaningful choice and control?
• Are you keen to use your skills as a practitioner in a new way, supporting the implementation and development of a new framework for care?
Commitment would be in the region of 10 days a month over 12 months but with flexibility offered and required in line with the project work plan. A fee of £15K would be paid for this commissioned work.
You would be reporting to the Project Manager and contributing to meetings and the co-operative programmes will be a regular feature of the work.
‘EDG Homeshare’ – the first scheme of its kind in Scotland
EDG Homeshare is a scheme that helps people with learning disabilities who have a spare room and are looking for a bit of extra companionship or help with housework, match up with people who are looking for accommodation in Edinburgh. It is all about mutual exchange, sharing resources and creating meaningful relationships.
• Do you have strong marketing and promotion skills?
• Are you able to build relationships with Householders and potential Homesharers to further develop the scheme?
Commitment would be in the region of 8 days a month over 12 months but with flexibility offered and required in line with the project work plan. A fee of £12K would be paid for this commissioned work.
You will be working closely with the project managers and reporting directly to the Chief Executive.
For further details so that you can submit a proposal, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state clearly which commission you are interested in – you can submit a proposal for both pieces of work and consultants interested in working with an identified partner are welcome to make a joint bid.
Interviews will be with the person(s) delivering the work not with any other associate or representative.
Deadline for proposal submission: 6th June 2017