Would your community project benefit from some funding? Do you have an idea that will change communities in and around Edinburgh for the better? Apply for funding through our grants scheme.
About the grants
The Edinburgh Local Community Grants scheme supports the development of projects, community activities and sustainable local action.
We welcome applications for projects or activities that will involve and benefit people living and/or working in the Edinburgh City Region. (The Region includes the City of Edinburgh, Fife, West Lothian, Midlothian, East Lothian and the Scottish Borders)
Applications are welcome from:
- voluntary organisations with a recognised legal structure*
- social enterprises
- individuals who are supported/sponsored by one of the above
*Please read the SCVO website for a list of the most common legal structures for voluntary organisations
The next submission window for Community Grants is now open. Applications for the first round should be submitted by 5pm on Thursday 7th December 2017.
Other things to know
- Applications are open for four, six week periods each year.
- We award grants of up to a maximum of £5,000 per project.
- Applicants may only receive one grant per project.
- We do not fund projects that have already been completed.
- Unsuccessful projects can be resubmitted as long as you address any feedback you received.
Tips for success
- Demonstrate as clearly as possible how your project involves and/or benefits local communities living in the Edinburgh region.
- We’re more likely to fund your project if you can show that it could benefit a lot of people, or could benefit a small group of people in a big way.
- Please ensure that you read all the information available on the website, and your submission follows the guidance we have provided.
- We welcome ambitious and creative applications, but please make sure your application demonstrates feasibility – be realistic in what you can achieve.
- Include as much detail as possible about your costs and how they will allow you to deliver your project.
Download the application form
Please read our guidelines before applying, where you can find advice and details about how to submit your application.
Our other windows for submissions are as follows:
Applications for the second round should be submitted by 5pm on Thursday 15th February 2018.
Applications for the third round should be submitted by 5pm on Thursday 17th May 2018.