This workshop is aimed at anyone interested in Mindfulness work with children, young people or adults in education, youth work or social care.
The workshop will examine what we actually mean when we use the term “Mindfulness”. We will consider a working definition of terms such as MBCT and MBSR. We will explore the impact on service users and others of unregulated or prolonged stress and how mindfulness work can help. The workshop will introduce participants to techniques such as visualisation and mental imaging in stress reduction. The workshop will involve a mix of presentation, discussion and experiential work with an emphasis on practising some of the techniques involved.
- Explore the origins of Mindfulness – and what it means
- Develop an understanding of what Mindfulness work involves
- Develop our understanding of stress and its psychological and physical impact
- Practice and explore the use in stress reduction of:
- Breathing exercises
- Visualisation and Mental Imaging
- Meditative techniques
“Stan’s communication skills, excellent, keeps group interested and wanting to learn more.”
“Really interesting course, would like more in-depth course.”
“Wonderful start to the day. Great personal and professional growth.”