This two-day course is for staff and board members in service providers who are responsible for tendering for contracts and Service Level Agreements and carrying out negotiations.
The course helps organisations take charge of the process and win contracts and SLAs that are in their best interests and those of their clients.
Areas covered during the course include:
- Turning Best Value to your advantage
- Capitalising on your strengths and unique selling points
- Pros and cons of types of contract – “spot purchase”, “block purchase” and “unit purchase”
- The contents of a contract
- Drafting a service specification
- Preserving quality
- An introduction to Full Cost Recovery
- Negotiating practice
- Mastering the jargon
The aim is that participants should be empowered to critically analyse and bid for contracts /SLAs. They should have a renewed confidence in their organisation, in presenting their services and in representing their strengths.
Participants will take away a number of tools that they can use in real-life bidding and negotiation situations.
The course can be a stand-alone event or can complement the training in Finance for Non-Financial Managers. Participants should also consider attending the course in Practical Project Management.
“Excellent presentation/very informative.”
“Essential course for Managers.”
“Excellent and very informative.”