Another date is set for Tuesday 20th March
This one-day course is designed to give charities a sound understanding of the detail and impact of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), where that builds on data protection and how to develop their own internal information governance culture and processes to ensure the charity is ready for the implementation of GDPR on 25 May 2018.
Based on practical experience and working through information sharing, discussions and a range of tools, including case studies, the course provides a range of tools to help you understand:
- The value of information to your organisation, and the risks if it is poorly managed
- The approach your organisation needs to take to ensure you are compliant with GDPR and sound information governance practice
- A review of the current data protection principles – where are you now?
- A review of the GDPR principles and how they relate to data protection – where do you need to be?
- What is new with GDPR and what does that mean in practical terms for your organisation – how do you get there?
- How to develop data asset audits of both manual and electronic records across your organisation
- How and why you should review your current policies and paperwork, and suggestions on what these should now include
- Data breaches – and how to deal with the ICO
- Culture change – and a range of tools and actions to help you move that forward
This is very much a practical, interactive workshop, at the end of which you will have the bones of a project plan to review your current information governance processes and ensure you adopt an approach to GDPR and information governance that meets the needs of your organisation and your clients, as well as the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations.
EVOC Training Grant
Remember you can apply for an EVOC training grant in your income is under £200,000 and you are a registered Charity working in Edinburgh and Lothians. Visit our Training Grants page. This would cover half the cost of the course.