Meetings are an important part of communication in all voluntary and community groups. Effective meetings can be a pleasure to attend, but a badly organised or poorly led meeting can leave participants frustrated, problems unresolved and decisions not made or not clear. This course is aimed at people with responsibility for chairing or leading meetings in their organisation. It will focus upon the skills required to chair a meeting well. Along with discussions and small group work we shall have a mock meeting to try out your skills and receive constructive feedback.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- identify the type and purpose of meetings you participate in
- appreciate the respective roles of those present
- list the tasks necessary for well planned and well organised meetings
- use body language and communication skills to increase your effectiveness
- manage difficult participants and keep the meeting on track, either as a chair or a participant.
*This training is free for Edinburgh registered charities with a turnover of less than £200,000 (after a completion of a short form).
This form is downloadable from: