This two-day course is for everyone involved in securing core and project funding or in managing or governing an organisation.
The organisations that thrive in today’s environment are those that take charge of their future. Experience shows that the charities that gain the confidence of funders and win support are those that are able to demonstrate a clear mission and direction.
The course will familiarise participants with tools and techniques for business planning in the charity sector and enable people to practice using them.
- Linking what, why and how you do things with funding opportunities
- Appreciating and building on strengths
- Utilising trends in your environment that are critical for your work
- Preserving and protecting your work
- Creating SMART objectives
- Converting ideas into funding proposals
- Profiling your work clearly and concisely
- Structuring a Business Plan
- Work out how Boards can best contribute
- Monitoring and evaluation including performance indicators
- Creating work plans for implementation
- Mastering jargon
Participants will take away practical tools that they can use to create business plans. They will be able to reduce uncertainty, to convey the importance of their work and to structure ideas into proposals. This gives organisations a clear sense of direction and impresses funders.
“Trainer was well versed in third sector issues, which made a huge difference to the quality of input.”
“Very useful training – a lot of practical tips and advice.”
“A very informative course that really inspired me and gave me tools that I am sure will benefit my work.”